OCS 2007 R2 Communicator Error: “…could not be reached and this message was not delivered” – Duplicate OCS SIP Address
We had an issue today were a user was not receiving Instant Messages to their SIP address using Office Communicator 2007 R2. Anytime a users would send an IM to this user, they would receive message was not delivered errors. The issues were due to two entries located in the OCS 2007 R2 database, one as a “User” and the other as a “Group”. The “Group” entry was created because they mail enabled a security group with the same SMTP alias as their user account and the OCS Enabled the account. There are many reasons not to do this, one obviously is it breaks OCS IM message routing and Presence info, etc. When you did a search for the user within the Communicator 2007 R2 client, multiple entries were displayed.
1. In order to identify the contact ID for the affected user address, we need to dump the address book from one of the OCS 2007 R2 Front-End Servers. Run this command from a command window.
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2\Server\Core>ABServer.exe -dumpfile \\OCS-SQL-Instance\AddressBook\F-0d79.lsabs
Note: The F-od79.lsabs file is a daily generated file that will have arbitrary name assigned, sort by date and size. It will be roughly 10-30 MB in size.
2. Do a search for the SIP address (duplicate) – firstname.lastname@example.org. Find the contact ID that is a group. It will look similar to:
3. Open the RTC database on the SQL backend and issue this command using a SQL query command:
Delete From AbUserEntry where (UserGuid=’96bd221f-8492-4450-abb2-2bd6828db27a’)
Note: Here we want to add the ContactID as the UserGuid= portion.
4. You must then Regenerate the Address Book on the OCS 2007 R2 Front-End.
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2\Server\Core>ABSrver.exe –regenur
5. You must then ReSync the Address Book on the OCS 2007 R2 Front-End.
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2\Server\Core>ABSrver.exe –Syncnow
6. Delete the Address book cache from the testing Communicator 2007 R2 client. The recopy of the Address book may take 30 minutes. On a Windows 7 machine, the cache directory is located at:
Delete the contents from C:\Users\User1\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Communicator\sip_user1.vlab.com
Log out and log back in completely. It may take 5-15 minutes to recopy the address book back to your local workstation.
You should not no longer see multiple entries for the user.
Best of Luck,